Whether it’s been freezing and icy or just blustery, I hope you’ve managed to fit something fun into your weekend, whether that’s donning the trail shoes for a snowy run, or setting up the pain cave for a long turbo session! Either way, you’ve earned some time on the sofa to recover, so settle in and have a little read of this list of awesome things I’ve been reading lately (bring snacks. You could be here a while.)
- Unusually for me, this link is a free PDF to download and read rather than a blog post, but it’s 100% worth the effort. It’s called Fuck Calories and it’s truly brilliant. Go onnnnnn. (Cheers Fiona for the heads up on this one!)
- For many people, running long distances is about escaping from the stresses of everyday life and enjoying being ‘in the moment’ outdoors, and Jez Bragg (ultra runner extraordinaire) wrote a great piece on this
- If like me, you believe in gender equality in sport, then this post from pro cyclocross badass Helen Wyman might just make your blood boil a little….
- I’ve done a Q&A with her before, but superstar triathlete & potentially hardest grafter in Yorkshire, Suzie Richards, has done a great post crammed with common sense and some great ideas for winter training, as well as some very exciting news about her 2015 race calendar…
- Autumn has once again been squeezing in some cracking writing between her speedy marathon training, and has this time written an ace post about the pitfalls of Strava and the like, and how it’s more important just to follow your own path with training.
- Personally, I am absolutely awful at downhill running, so these tips from one of the Team inov-8 athletes are going straight into my training for the Snowdonia Marathon in October.
- I’ve said it all along, but it’s interesting to read an article from Vulpine founder Nick Hussey about why the ‘shrink it and pink it’ model is a really bad way to sell things to women in sport.