Want to work with me? You’re in good company! I’ve written for Like the Wind Magazine and Vulpine, as well as events like the White Rose Ultra and companies including Helly Hansen, Tribesports, SKINS compression, Nathan and nuun hydration.
I’m always open to receiving emails about writing and reviews, and love to work with companies who are as passionate as I am about sport. I do however have a few ground rules for such dealings:
1. I will always declare if I have received something in return for writing a post, whether it’s a product, invite to an event or cash.
2. I’ll only write about products, services or races that are things I’d consider paying for myself and that I consider to fit in with my values and beliefs about health and fitness. No detox products, clean eating or sexist products here.
3. Reviews that I write will be my honest, unbiased opinions about a product, after testing as part of my everyday life and training, for a decent length of time.
4. I’ll be open and honest in my dealings with brands and any partnerships I enter into with them, and will always endeavour to learn more about good blogging conduct.
5. I’d always rather go and experience something amazing rather than just be sent free samples to try, as I think experiences make better blogs than stuff, and the world can only handle so many sock reviews.
6. I’ll often write product reviews into posts about a wider topic, so please do have a read of some of my work and decide if this is something you’re okay with- I personally think it makes for more interesting reading than straight-up reviews.
7. Whilst I am opinionated about diet and exercise, I will stress that I am a qualified doctor, but not a dietician or personal trainer, and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.
8. If you are a company who makes profit, then please be aware I do not write for free for you in exchange for ‘exposure’- it’s exploitative and unreasonable, and does not replace proper remuneration for writing time.
If these fit with what you’re doing in the health and fitness world and you’d like to work together, please drop me a line by email at email@example.com and we can get creating something awesome!